It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQMExcelWordImporter error message and question

Wayne Sinclair (612) | asked Aug 19 '14, 7:24 a.m.
I am importing one test plan from Excel, one test case (to be linked to test plan), one test script to be linked to the test case, and the test case to be linked to a test suite. (Will eventually have more test cases)

I get the following results in RQM Export. My config script is also below:
(Using RQM 4.0.7and RQMExcelWordImporter)

Please assist with 2 questions

1. Why is the error message appearing in the output when I do not have any execution records ? (Error sending to server 3450 of type executionworkitem
The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.). Note that the import is successful.

2. Is it possible to link the testsuite to the test plan ? If so, how can it be done ?

Thanks

Wayne

Comments
Donald Nong commented Aug 20 '14, 3:07 a.m.

I think you need to show what the Excel sheet and the configuration file look like.

Ara Masrof commented Aug 21 '14, 1:22 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Are you doing any linking to an existing artifact?

As Donald noted, if you can provide the Excel file and cfg file, that would help in resolving the issue

Ara 

One answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Aug 25 '14, 2:21 a.m.
1. When you import a test suite, by default, TCER will be created as well. This is causing some confusion on unintended TCER hence the dev team decide to remove that feature in this defect work item:
https://jazz.net/jazz02/web/projects/Rational%20Quality%20Manager#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=116597

So in the future version, this behavior will be corrected.
When you see errors on executionworkitem, it seems that it could be timing issue. That is, you will need to have test case create first and then TCER. You can try to run the same import again or close excel file and open it and re-import,
in many cases, the error will be gone

2. In the ExcelImporter Samples, there are test plan with test case, test case with test suite samples.
You can refer them to create a config file to import test plan and test suite and link them using testplan.XLSlink=testsuite

More info on XLSlink keywork can be found: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RQMExcelWordImporter

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.