It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to update the 'Actual Result' field of Test Result, via REST API?

Liora Milbaum (513282117) | asked Aug 17 '14, 8:13 a.m.
CLM 4.0.4
I would like to use the RQM URL Utility to perform the update.

I can't find the right url to perform the action.

Thanks,
Liora

Accepted answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Aug 18 '14, 1:06 a.m.
You need to find the REST URI for the test result first, then use a PUT to modify it.
The resource URI for the test result should look like
https://clm406:9443/qm/service/com.ibm.rqm.integration.service.IIntegrationService/resources/_ZcMRAK2SEeO_fciXVKJ7Tg/executionresult/urn:com.ibm.rqm:executionresult:34
where "_ZcMRAK2SEeO_fciXVKJ7Tg" is the UUID for the project and it is definitely different in your environment, and "34" is the web Id for the test result in this sample.
You can use a GET command to retrieve the current content of the test result, and save it as a text/XML file. Next, modify the file by removing all the attributes except for <ns2:stepResults>. Then, find the <ns2:actualResult> attribute of the corresponding step and modify its content. Finally you can use a PUT command to modify the test result by using the same resource URI and the modified file.
Note that you can only modify the step results as a whole - including all steps, all expected results and all actual results. Do not remove anything within <ns2:stepResults>, otherwise the same will be removed from the test result when you use PUT to modify it.
Liora Milbaum selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
pavan kumar (135) | answered Jan 08 '21, 3:30 a.m.

Hi Liora,
this is not the answer ,but i can't comment 
Were you able to update the <actual results> ? if yes, then let me know please at this link 
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/272963/test-case-actual-results-are-not-modified-in-rqm-after-completion-of-put-request-successfully
I am having the same problem. I can modify the <title> but unable to modify the <actual results> .
My PUT request's response is OK. 

Comments
Liora Milbaum commented Jan 08 '21, 3:56 a.m.

i am no longer working with the tool. Can't help you.  

pavan kumar commented Jan 08 '21, 5:01 a.m.

okay NP
Please let me know if u can recall how did u manage that problem 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.