It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Report Question: How to get contributor and timestamp at a state change?

michael entler (171227) | asked Aug 15 '14, 6:23 p.m.

I'm working in RTC 3.0 with BIRT, and I'm trying to build a report that shows

only the changes that are state changes, the time stamp of that state change and the contributor that performed the state change.

I thought this might help:

https://jazz.net/forum/questions/51614/report-question-howto-get-work-item-state-at-given-date?redirect=%2Fforum%2Fquestions%2F51614%2Freport-question-howto-get-work-item-state-at-given-date

But I'm still stuck.

Example of output expected:

WI_ID,Timestamp,State_Name,Contributor Name

1234  1, 2008 2:03 PM(the time the state was changed)     New(the state it was changed to)  John Jones(the user name that made the change).

Thank you

One answer

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Aug 18 '14, 10:09 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Michael, you need to use the WORKITEM_SNAPSHOT.WORKITEM_CHNGS table. This table stores the history of changes for all work items. You can use a BIRT data set filter to only show the rows where STATE_NAME is not the equal to PREV_STATE_NAME.
You will not be able to show who modified the sate. The modifier is stored in the data warehouse but it is not exposed to BIRT. You can also use RRDI for accessing all the information you requested.

Comments
Rafik Jaouani commented Aug 18 '14, 10:10 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

You can use the out of the box Estimate Changes report as an example.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.