It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there a way to a insert newline into an RTC presentation label?

Geoff Alexander (19623948) | asked Aug 05 '14, 6:22 p.m.
edited Aug 05 '14, 6:23 p.m.
Is there a way to insert a newline into an RTC presentation label?  I'm trying line up text and shorten long labels by splitting them into multiple lines.  I've found that a 
 (LF) in the label's process configuration XML works in the RTC Eclipse Client but not in the RTC Web Client.

Comments
Eric Jodet commented Aug 11 '14, 5:03 a.m. | edited Aug 11 '14, 7:37 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hello Geoff,

not sure I fully understand the context here - may you please add some details on the feature you're using to "line up text and shorten long labels by splitting them into multiple lines"

Thanks,
Eric

Geoff Alexander commented Aug 12 '14, 10:10 a.m. | edited Aug 12 '14, 10:24 a.m.

Eric,  thanks for responding to my question.  Here are two screen captures illustrating how I'm using 
 (line feed) and   (non-breaking space) to create multi-line labels, one of the Eclipse client that works and one of the Web client that doesn't work.

Eclipse Client where new line works

Web client where new line doesn't work

Eltayeb Elzain commented Aug 12 '14, 3:53 p.m. | edited Aug 13 '14, 2:36 a.m.

Geoff, intersting difference between the clients - What happens when you resize the adjacent lists panel?

Geoff Alexander commented Aug 12 '14, 11:16 p.m. | edited Aug 12 '14, 11:20 p.m.

Eltayeb, I'm not exactly sure what you mean by resizing the adjacent lists panel.  RTC doesn't give you control over how the controls are laid out in the window.  But if you resize the windows, the text reflows as expected, with the explicit newlines being maintained the the Eclipse client and no explicit newlines in the Web client.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Sharoon Shetty Kuriyala (55133) | answered Aug 20 '14, 11:44 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
This is not a supported use case in RTC, the closest workaround you can have is to show the multi line label one below the other.

Thanks,
Sharoon
Geoff Alexander selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.