It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I create a burndown chart in jazzhub?

Leons Petrazickis (1568) | asked Jul 24 '14, 10:54 a.m.
There are many months of sprints, work items, estimates, and time spents in my team's projects. I want to create a Burndown chart.

Here's what I've tried:

1. Go to Track and Plan > Project Dashboard.
2. See a Burndown widget with useless info, Sprint Burndown with useless info, Release Burndown with no info, Advanced Release Burndown with no info.
3. Click on the Burndown widget title.
4. It tells me:
No work items with estimates specified were found.
5. Click on pencil to edit:
6. Nothing shows up in most categories.

How do I create a burndown chart on hub.jazz.net?

2 answers

permanent link
Lauren Hayward Schaefer (3.3k11727) | answered Jul 24 '14, 12:15 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Leons,

I just added a Burndown widget to my JazzHub project that I created several months ago, and I am seeing content in the widget.  My guess is that the Burndown widget requires projects to have been created with the Scrum option.  Can you check if you can create work items of type other than task?  (Projects created with the Scrum option will have work item types like story, epic, etc)

Comments
Leons Petrazickis commented Jul 24 '14, 12:49 p.m.

I can create stories, epics, etc. I wonder if this is related to the project having been renamed. BTW, I opened a defect about this: https://hub.jazz.net/ccm01/quickplanner/jazzhub.html#items:planType=mywork&paneType=unresolved&projectId=_e1Pat95MEeKgGcOJVNl_Ng&itemId=40082

permanent link
Lauren Hayward Schaefer (3.3k11727) | answered Jul 28 '14, 7:40 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
After reading the work item you filed, I see that the Burndown chart is working for you, but the Advanced Burndown and Release Burndown are not working.  I'm seeing the same thing in my project.

When I explored the Release Burndown report, I see this:
Because this report displays information on "Plan Item" work item types (such as Stories), if you do not have a plan item type configured for your project area, you will not see any data in this report. To specify one or more plan item types, edit your project area. In the "Process Configuration" tab, select "Work Item Type Categorization" underneath Project Configuration/Configuration Data/Planning. Then select the checkbox beside any work item types which should be considered plan items. You will also need to specify which work item attribute to use as the complexity attribute. This can be done by selecting the "Plan Attributes" tree item.

I checked my project's process, and the plan items are set to Epic and Story by default.  Does your project have stories or epics?  The default complexity attribute for Scrum projects is Story Points.  Do your stories have story points assigned?

Comments
Leons Petrazickis commented Jul 28 '14, 2:46 p.m.

All widget types are broken when I click through on their title. They say "No work items with estimates specified were found." When I click on the pencil to edit (e.g. in a plain Burndown widget), I see 0 team areas, 0 categories, 0 timelines, 0 iterations, etc.

Where is the Process Configuration tab? When I click on the gear, I see "General", "Options", "Beta Features", "Change Owner", and "Delete". [x] Enable Track&Plan and [x] Add features for Scrum Development are checked under Options.

My project has epics and stories.

Lauren Hayward Schaefer commented Jul 29 '14, 7:26 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

The Process Configuration tab is available in Eclipse.  Since your project is a scrum project, you'll have the same defaults I have, so you don't need to access it.

To confirm, do you have epics and stories with story points assigned?

Lauren Hayward Schaefer commented Jul 31 '14, 8:03 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I added estimates to my stories two days ago, but the reports are still showing no work items found. 

I'm not able to reproduce the issue where nothing is displayed in the edit mode, but someone on our development team is.  They are investigating.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.