It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to customize execution results in RQM when triggering automation scripts from RFT adapter?

Xie Xiong (122) | asked Jul 21 '14, 10:58 a.m.
There is a useful article for command line adapter with RQM. I got lots of useful information from this article:
https://jazz.net/library/article/809. Is there any similar functionality for RFT adapter? I am looking for functions on this area when running RFT scripts from RFT adapter that is connected to RQM:
1. Customize the PIE chart displayed in RQM's execution results
2. Customize "Custom Properties" section in RQM's execution results
3. Customize "Attachment" section in RQM's execution results so that more execution information can be attached
4. Trigger a java script instead of a RFT script from RFT adapter?

Thanks greatly for the help.

One answer

permanent link
Dennis Schultz (55157) | answered Jul 21 '14, 6:26 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I am far from an expert here, but I know of no way to do #1, #2, or #3 - the results report in RQM is populated by the RFT execution adapter "as is" with no customization possible.  About all you could do is add additional Log statements in RFT to add messages into the table.

For #4, the RFT adapter is - by definition - used for running RFT tests.  If you want to run Java code, you can do so using the Command Line adapter.

Comments
Xie Xiong commented Jul 21 '14, 10:12 p.m.

Hi Dennis, thank you very much for the reply.
I got help from the author of https://jazz.net/library/article/809, Thomas Neal (Tom), to get part of #3 working. Tom provided me an execution variable to overwrite so when RQM is populated with the execution results by RFT adapter, the overwritten value will be taken. In this way, I managed to attach my customized automation log files to RQM exeuction results. The restriction here is that: 1). I cannot override the name of attached log file in RQM, 2) I cannot increase the number of attached log files in RQM, the number is always default to be 2 files.
For #2, if command line adapter is able to customize the "Custom Properties" in RQM's execution results, why RFT adapter can not? 
For #1, I could not find any ways to customize, but isn't the PIE chart a feature from RFT adapter? Why there is not a way provided to customize when user want to put more information into the pie chart?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.