It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Find all workitems not modified using java plain api

Naweed Jaulim (632732) | asked Jul 17 '14, 12:31 p.m.
Hi All,

I am looking for a quick code sample which can list out all workitems which have not been modified for a certain number of days.

I am quite new to the api, any help to get this up and running quickly would be really helpful.

Regards,
Naweed

2 answers

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6184201) | answered Jul 17 '14, 12:47 p.m.
the simplest approach is to start with a normal query that can show the results u need.

what do you want to do with the list?  given the query results, you can export it to excel, ...  maybe u don't have to write a program at all..

if you do, then I have a sample that will dump out fields from the workitems returned in a query  see the accepted answer here for the code
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/94776/assertionfailedexception-problem-with-getting-the-values-of-attributes

if that all works, then later you can create a query dynamically to get the same list

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jul 17 '14, 5:17 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

sam detweiler commented Jul 17 '14, 6:21 p.m.

My sample code is built on Ralph's first blog topic, and brings it all together.

permanent link
Naweed Jaulim (632732) | answered Jul 18 '14, 6:24 a.m.

Thanks Sam and Ralph,

I'll have a look at the code and try to implement based on my scenario. I will be manipulating the workitems further once I have the result in  the program.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.