It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to create or tag a Release through a command line utility, or API?

Andre Gusmao (802540) | asked Jan 15 '15, 12:29 p.m.
edited Jan 15 '15, 12:39 p.m. by Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035)
 I'm trying to find a way to create or tag a Release through a command line utility, or API. I've checked the lscm utility, but it looks like it only handles SCM operations. Going though the REST API, I didn't find any resource capable of doing this. I also checked the Java API doc, but couldn't find anything there either.
The goal is to automate the deploy process, which already integrates Jenkins and RTC. However, there is one manual step in the process, which is the creating or tagging a release using the Web UI or Eclipse.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Jeff Care (1.0k3833) | answered Jan 15 '15, 12:38 p.m.
 It's possible with the Java API, I've done it. Unfortunately I can't share the code right now but here are the basic steps:

1. Get the build result that represents the build that you want to make a release
  2. Determine the project area that build result belongs to
  3. Use the work item client to create a deliverable against the project area from step #2
  4. Set the build result (step #1) as the deliverable's artifact
  5. Save deliverable
  6. Get working copy of build result, mark as delete not allowed
  7. Save build result
Andre Gusmao selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Andre Gusmao commented Jan 16 '15, 11:44 a.m.

Thanks Jeff!! 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.