It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error navigating between multiple personal dashboards in IE8

Rita Lewitt (823) | asked Jun 04 '14, 12:01 p.m.
 I have a user who is having an issue when she creates multiple dashboards.  She wishes to have one specific for RRC and one for RTC and another for other things.  Goal is to have three distinct dashboards. 

She is able to create the dashboards using IE 8, however navigating between each of them is giving inconsistent results.  Has anyone else had this issue?  I know it is NOT a problem for Chrome, but IE8 is the only option for this user based on corporate PC system setup. 

Steps to recreate the problem:

1. Create new dashboard
  2. Create Default Dashboard
  3. Updated Title to see that it is the Default.  Auto save is set so no need to save manually.
  4. Create second dashboard to reflect RTC information 
  5. Select Type of Dashboard to start with
  6. Select Project to associate it with and click Finish
  7. Updated the Title to include RTC in the name 
  8. Create a third dashboard
  9. Selected Requirements Management for the Type and clicked on Finish
  10. From here, we do NOT get the Requirements Management Dashboard to come back and begin looking at it.  There is an Error on the page in the bottom left corner.  ("Error on page")
  11. The new dashboard DOES show up in the drop down list of dashboards as the generically named dashboard. 
  12. Clicking on this new dashboard does NOT bring up the new dashboard.  An error still exists on the bottom left corner ("Error on page") 
  13. Moving off of the dashboard and to a different project view and back to the right dashboard does allow you to move to the right personal dashboard, but you cannot navigate between personal dashboards without doing this extra step.
  14. I moved to the latest dashboard and updated the name, so now I have a Default one, an RTC one, an RRC one, and an RQM one.  
  15. Switching between them is not possible without receiving the error message in the bottom corner and the information on the page is incorrectly showing the prior dashboard.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Eric Jodet (6.3k5111120) | answered Jun 06 '14, 4:20 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hello Rita,
if you're able to re-create the issue in a consistent manner,
I guess you should try and open a RRC defect.

Note that you may want to use IE8 Developer Tools - F12 key - to debug the RRC dashboard page,
and possibly "see" what the error at step 10 can be.

Eric
Rita Lewitt selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.