It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

REST API for team information?

Marcelo Alvim (6) | asked Oct 09 '07, 8:50 p.m.
Hi,

I am currently working on a project at the University of California, Irvine, and we are looking into integrating our tools with Jazz. This means basically retrieving data from Jazz, like Work Items and team membership information.

I was able to "sniff" the Web UI for its work item requests, and get work-item-related information, even though I am using a service currently marked as internal. There's already a Work Item (Enhancement #31146) filed for exposing this as a service. And, of course, I could also use the RSS feed to fetch the latest work-item-related changes.

Now we need to gather information about the teams themselves: who are the teams in a project, who are its members and their information. I wasn't able to find a service that provided that information.

Does anyone here know where I should try and look for that kind of information?

Thanks,
Marcelo Alvim.

3 answers

permanent link
Chris Daly (61651) | answered Oct 10 '07, 1:09 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Now we need to gather information about the teams themselves: who are
the teams in a project, who are its members and their information. I
wasn't able to find a service that provided that information.

Does anyone here know where I should try and look for that kind of
information?

A team member is represented by the type IContributor which is in
defined in the Repository component. There is a IContributorRestService
which you can use to list all the contributors.

Project and Team areas are defined in the Process component (the model
types are ITeamArea and IProjectArea). You might be able to get what
you need from the IProcessRestService - though this is an internal service.

So using those two services might be a "quick and dirty" way of getting
what you need. Maybe someone on the Process team will chime in with a
better way.

Chris

permanent link
Bill Higgins (24611) | answered Oct 10 '07, 2:29 p.m.
Re: Process REST services (i.e. things that have to do with teams and projects). As Chris mentioned, there is something there, and we'll be adding more functionality in M4, but this is an internal service and therefore subject to change without notice.

That being said, more broadly in Jazz, smarter people than I are figuring out how we can provide REST services with API commitments. Please stay tuned...

permanent link
Marcelo Alvim (6) | answered Oct 13 '07, 2:11 a.m.
Hi, guys.

Thanks a lot for your replies, I appreciate it. I'll try out these services and see what I can come up with. This was great help.

Cheers,
Marcelo Alvim.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.