It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why are States being repeated on x-axis of OOTB Insight reports

Michael Walker (99214201157) | asked Apr 15 '13, 3:09 a.m.
In the Sample Report Definitions -> Insight -> Data Warehouse Reports folder there's some really useful reports like Defect Aging, Defect Glide path, etc.  I've opened them up in Report Studio and added in a filter to report on a custom work item type that our project has.

The problem I'm having is when I run the report there's several states that are repeated on the x-axis.  For example, the New state is repeated 3 times, with the data being different in each one.  Same with In Progress state.  Since the data is different I'm assuming these aren't duplicates.   I believe my Type filter is working because when I remove it the New state is now repeated 5 times.

A couple questions:

1)  Why would these states be repeated multiple times for a specific Type?  Could it be that the New state was recreated 3 times in the Project over the course of the Project history?

2) How can I fix this?  Is there a way to group them together so all News are just one column?

Thanks,

Comments
Michael Walker commented Apr 16 '13, 3:03 a.m.

Bump Bump Bump

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.