It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

why the module of Doors Structure and Doors schema are deffrent?

Naor Ben David (888) | asked May 27 '14, 4:37 a.m.
edited May 29 '14, 3:53 p.m. by Douglas Bush (28125)
Hi experts! 
i was wonder way RPE contain some different xsd file (you can find them in "../sorce/../schema/fileName.xsd") :
and i try to marge DoorsStructures.xsd ans simpleDoorsSchema.xsd and sucesss get somting like this :

-Database
  -id
  -name
  -URL
  -Folder
  -Module   (this module contain the module in simpleDoorsSchema.xsd and not the DoorsStructures.xsd)
    -Attribute 
the reason i try to do it is that i want scan all the DB (folders and project) and for any module i want print the date it modfy and by how.
the problem is in the RPE when i choose DoorsStructure for "Data Sorce Schema" i can't see the attribute "Last Modified On" and the other attribute taht i need and if i choose "Doors" for "Data Sorce Schema" i can't see the DB and Folder.

Many thanks for the help.
Naor.

One answer

permanent link
Horia Alungulesei (1111) | answered May 27 '14, 5:01 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited May 27 '14, 5:03 a.m.
To obtain what you want you will need two data sources:
  • a "DOORS Structure" data source which would be based on the file "%RPE_HOME%\source\DB Structure\schema\DOORSStructure.xsd"
  • a data source of type "DOORS", for which you could use the "%RPE_HOME%\source\DOORS\schema\simpleDOORSSchema.xsd" schema or discover your own schema using the DOORS Schema Discovery wizard
For the template design, start by using the "DOORS Structure" to query for Database/Folder/Module and print the attributes that you want. Once you reach the Module level you will need to use a Data Source Configuration element to configure the "DOORS" data source with the Module ID. See these help topics about using the Data Source Configuration element:
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/rpehelp/v1r2m1/topic/com.ibm.rational.pe.reference.doc/topics/r_properties_data_source_config.html
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/rpehelp/v1r2/topic/com.ibm.rational.pe.publishing.doc/topics/t_element_run_time.html

Regards / Horia

Comments
Naor Ben David commented May 27 '14, 10:51 a.m.

thanks,

when i do like you say the Doors throw Error when i try get to the object attribute inside the module.
i think it because in container we can use only one data type Doors structers or simple doors and in this state we hold both.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.