It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

ETL fails in for project in RQM

Jorge Valdeiglesias (541823) | asked May 26 '14, 4:59 p.m.
 We are having a problem with a recently created Project in RQM. The ETL used to ran without problems but now it fails with this Project and skip the rest.

I've set the Access Control to Everyone and also added the Data Collector user to the Project but still fails.

ETL user has the licenses: Data Collector, CCM Data Collector, QM Data Collector.

Any idea what should I check?

QM-ETL.log is

2014-05-26 00:58:42,110 [qm: AsynchronousTaskRunner-4 @@ 00:53] ERROR com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.service.rqm - RemoteRQMSnapshotService:runODS AQXRE5002E Artifact data was not pulled into the reporting data warehouse because of the following exception: 
An exception has occurred during ETL Job execution. ETL job terminating with following error message:
com.ibm.rational.etl.common.exception.ETLException: 
com.ibm.rational.dataservices.client.auth.AuthenticationException: 
CRRRE1417E: The HTTP status '401' and the message is 'Unauthorized'. The user may not have privilege to access the project area or the username or password may be incorrect or ETL user does not have Data Collector license or Jazz Admin privilege.
java.lang.RuntimeException: An exception has occurred during ETL Job execution. ETL job terminating with following error message:
CRRRE1417E: The HTTP status '401' and the message is 'Unauthorized'. The user may not have privilege to access the project area or the username or password may be incorrect or ETL user does not have Data Collector license or Jazz Admin privilege.

2014-05-26 00:58:42,110 [qm: AsynchronousTaskRunner-4 @@ 00:53] ERROR com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.service.rqm - RemoteRQMSnapshotService:runODS AQXRE5002E Artifact data was not pulled into the reporting data warehouse because of the following exception: 
An exception has occurred during ETL Job execution. ETL job terminating with following error message:
java.lang.RuntimeException: An exception has occurred during ETL Job execution. ETL job terminating with following error message:

Accepted answer

permanent link
Lily Wang (4.9k714) | answered May 26 '14, 7:31 p.m.
Hi Jorge,
You can check:
- if the data collection user has JazzAdmin permission
- if the data collection username and password is correct for the specific data collection job
- the authentication type
- if you use a proxy server, please see discussion in https://jazz.net/forum/questions/98087/qm-401-data-collection-job-quality-management-consistently-fails
- you mentioned it used to work, what change did you made around the time when the issue started to happened
Jorge Valdeiglesias selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Jorge Valdeiglesias commented May 27 '14, 11:00 a.m.

Following the link you gave me I found that it may be because of special characters. In this case the Project has the legend (Testing) on it's name so I will try removing them.

To verify it I need to wait until the ETL is run tonight.

The biggest change that I can remember is the creation of a Life Cycle Project. 

Vidya Malkarnekar commented May 27 '14, 12:00 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Jorge,

Renaming the project name is not going to  help as the project alias will still have the old name. If you are indeed using proxy server, please check out this article - https://jazz.net/library/article/1247/#79350

-Vidya

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.