It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Keywords

Sterling Ferguson-II (1.6k10284273) | asked Apr 09 '09, 2:05 p.m.
Just to be clear...

You have to create keywords first before creating manual scripts? Or can you look through some old RQM test scripts and create keywords off of them...?

I only ask b/c the latter is not working for me.

thanks...

5 answers

permanent link
Wayne Ho (91) | answered Apr 09 '09, 4:15 p.m.
Just to be clear...

You have to create keywords first before creating manual scripts? Or can you look through some old RQM test scripts and create keywords off of them...?

I only ask b/c the latter is not working for me.

thanks...

Currently, it is not possible to create keywords from within an existing RQM test script. We are aware of this limitation and are planning to address this in a future release.

Keywords can be created at anytime but they must be created by going to the Construction menu, choosing to look at "All Keywords" and then choosing the "Create Keyword" action. You should be able to use a newly created in an existing script (note that there may be some refresh issues with the Keyword view if you are currently editing the script. So you may need to save the script, close it, and then reopen to see the keyword view refresh)

Regards,
Wayne

---
Wayne Ho, Rational QM User Experience Lead

permanent link
Sterling Ferguson-II (1.6k10284273) | answered Apr 13 '09, 11:24 a.m.
Hello,

Thanks for the reply. To quiet my pilot group, can you all verify two things noted as RFEs for RQM then:

1. Keyword creation from script as you stated above. (not from scratch)

2. Construction -> Create Keyword. (this eliminates having to view all keywords first, then selecting the option to create one.)

thanks...

permanent link
sandip raikar (1161813) | answered Dec 15 '09, 4:42 a.m.
If any body knowing the exact syntax to copy a keyword from one prj to another, it would be really thankful.

permanent link
Latisha Aguilar (21) | answered Jan 08 '10, 4:57 p.m.
Hello,

Is is possible to customize the format of Keywords. If I recall correctly, there is only two columns in a keyword. One for the step description and expected result. What if I wanted to add another field to keyword format, is that supported?

permanent link
Ian He (66105) | answered Jan 08 '10, 6:06 p.m.
I am trying to create two test plan templates. One simple and the other one is more comprehensive. In the comprehensive one, I added more categories in the Summary section. However, I notices that the Summary section is the same for al test plan templates. Is there any way I can have two or more different Summary sections for different test plan template? Looks like the test plan template in RQM 2.0.0.1 can only customize the number of sections but not the content of the sections. Am I correct? Any workaround? Thanks!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.