It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problem with extension in HiJazz tutorial

Davide Fucci (1651) | asked Apr 09 '09, 8:54 a.m.
Hi everyone,
I'm following step-by-step tutorial on developing a jazz plugin here.
I've set up my RTC as stated here.
I select and add com.ibm.team.repository.common.components extension point then, when I'm not asked to fill component details on the right but it ask me simply to "set the properties of selected extension " (not component) and both filelds are not required.
So then when I create my interface and right-click on the extension point I'm not asked for service but simply for general.
So I can't go any further following the tutorial.
Am I missing something?
Thank you.

One answer

permanent link
David Winter (823) | answered May 04 '09, 5:32 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,

Eclipse use in the extension wizard the point definition schema files providing in the extension point definiton like /schema/....exsd.
It seems that the extension point schema files (exsd's) pointed in the plugin.xmls not shipped in the Source packages.

Continue the tutorial with copying the snipped in the plugin xml file.
The tutorial will work then.

D.

Hi everyone,
I'm following step-by-step tutorial on developing a jazz plugin here.
I've set up my RTC as stated here.
I select and add com.ibm.team.repository.common.components extension point then, when I'm not asked to fill component details on the right but it ask me simply to "set the properties of selected extension " (not component) and both filelds are not required.
So then when I create my interface and right-click on the extension point I'm not asked for service but simply for general.
So I can't go any further following the tutorial.
Am I missing something?
Thank you.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.