It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can we select multiple values in RTC v4.0.3 ???

Swapnil Khandelwal (156) | asked May 08 '14, 7:41 a.m.

I am using RTC v4.0.3

Is it possible to select multiple values from a drop down list??

Also, is it possible to have these multiple selectins in the export ??

2 answers

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered May 08 '14, 7:53 a.m.
if you have an attribute defined as select-list (and not in a database) then yes and yes

Comments
Swapnil Khandelwal commented May 13 '14, 2:58 a.m.

by select list, do u mean enumeration list??

and what exactly do u mean by - not in a database??

Swapnil Khandelwal commented May 13 '14, 2:58 a.m.

from the form, i can select multiple values. but when i run a query and export it into excel, i am not able to see these multiple selections. Is there a way to see these multiple selections when we export it into excel?? Also, is there a way to import an excel into RTC with these multiple values for a single field??

permanent link
Wendy Murphy (1512633) | answered May 08 '14, 12:52 p.m.
multi selection fields in a work item are created by using the enumeration_list option when creating the field. With 4.0 the enumeration fields are created with two entries enumeration which will provide check box, radio button options. and enumeration_list which will allow you to set up a multi selection field in your work item.

Comments
Swapnil Khandelwal commented May 13 '14, 2:57 a.m.

from the form, i can select multiple values. but when i run a query and export it into excel, i am not able to see these multiple selections. Is there a way to see these multiple selections when we export it into excel?? Also, is thereĀ  a way to import an excel into RTC with these multiple values for a single field??

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.