It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

When using Websphere no datasource is created ?

Rajasimhan Mandayam (3811144) | asked Apr 06 '09, 5:39 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I was deploying RTC on Websphere, noticed that even after I ran jazz/setup successfully (with DB2), there were no datasources in WebSphere.

Just curious, how does RTC communicate with the database does it use the WAS connection pooling or does it use Driver manager connections managed by itself

2 answers

permanent link
Rajasimhan Mandayam (3811144) | answered Apr 06 '09, 5:48 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
ok I noticed that you can point to an existing data source in jazz/setup

by changing Connection type to J2EE.

Does RTC recommend one over the other.

permanent link
Henry Li (111) | answered Apr 09 '09, 11:59 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I was deploying RTC on Websphere, noticed that even after I ran jazz/setup successfully (with DB2), there were no datasources in WebSphere.

Just curious, how does RTC communicate with the database does it use the WAS connection pooling or does it use Driver manager connections managed by itself

hi, i am sorry that not being able to answer your question since I am new to IBM products. i am now basically doing the same setup you were doing -- deploy RTC to WAS and using DB2 as the repository. I have DB2 WAS and RTC in the same linux box. And i am trying to figure out how to finish the jazz/setup since now i have a bunch of errors regarding my "CRJAZ08201" failed. Do you know what this is?

If you don't mind, i would also like to know how you authenticate users. did you use "standalone LDAP" or the "local operating system" users?

thanks

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.