It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What does it mean to be a "counted" license?

Martha (Ruby) Andrews (3.0k44351) | asked Apr 21 '14, 1:41 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,
The License Key Management page has a row titled  "Users with Counted Licenses". I notice that if a user acquires an RQM, RTC or RRC floating license, it is reflected here. However, if a user acquires a Design Management license, it is not shown here. Debugging the code, this appears to be by design: the Design Management license is not "counted".

What does it mean to be a "counted" license? Are any applications other than RQM, RTC and RRC "counted"?

Thanks,
Ruby

Martha (Ruby) Andrews
Team Lead, Jazz Foundation L3 Development

Accepted answer

permanent link
Alex Bernstein (16) | answered Jun 03 '14, 5:06 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
If countedInServerLimit is true then an assignment of this CAL type is counted towards the the server limit for the maximum number of users.  If this value is false then a Contributor who has only this CAL assigned will not count towards the maximum number of licensed users for the server.
Martha (Ruby) Andrews selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Martha (Ruby) Andrews commented Jun 03 '14, 5:29 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I'm still confused. What is the server limit? 

I see a Client Access License limit for some Rational Team Concert editions, but not for Rational Quality Manager or Rational Doors Next Generation. Is this what is meant by a server limit of maximum users? 

Thanks,
Ruby 

Alex Bernstein commented Jun 04 '14, 9:26 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Server limit is how many users are allowed on that server :) For example, when running on Derby, the server limit is 10. We used to ship an Express version of the server which also supported a limited number of users. Today I do not know of any usecase where this would be enforced, and I did not participate nor have any documented design discussions w/regards to this feature. Server maximum, if not unlimited, is set in server policy file.

One other answer

permanent link
Kim Soederhamn (1.5k34348) | answered Apr 22 '14, 7:27 a.m.
Hi Ruby,

I'm just guessing here - but I think it was forgotten for RSADM - don't believe that it can have been a conscious decision to count all licenses but RSADM - wonder what the new doors next license-pulling-code looks like ?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.