It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why would a Contributor List Presentations consistently be blank in IE8?

Alexander Dawson (2542328) | asked Apr 09 '14, 11:02 a.m.

We are currently using Internet Explorer and are in the process of migrating from 4.0.1 to 4.0.6.  I'm looking at some presentations that are of type "contributor list."  When displayed in RTC these presentations are completely blank with no "add" link or button.

The add link is present in Firefox, the desktop client,and Chrome.   It was also visible across the board for our 4.0.1 installation.

Are there any known issues with Contributor Lists and IE8?

Thanks in advance

Accepted answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Apr 09 '14, 11:44 p.m.
I don't see existing issue related to contributor lists in IE8 but I guess this could be related to known enumeration issue in IE8 which takes place in 4.0.6 only:
https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=283558

I actually see the same problem in IE8+v406 for Contributor list type of attribute(missing add button in IE8 only).
Can you please contact support to get this further investigated? We need a PMR to determine whether this is the same root cause as in #283558. If yes, there is a hotfix you can request. If not, I am pretty sure this is another defect.
Thanks
Alexander Dawson selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Alexander Dawson commented Apr 10 '14, 9:28 a.m.

Will do...thank you.

Also as a follow up this is NOT reproduceable in IE11.   Included above are screenshots from IE8 and Firefox that show the missing add link.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.