It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

export RRC's view/filter definition

Natsumi Yokoyama (209387101) | asked Apr 08 '14, 8:40 p.m.
edited Apr 10 '14, 4:33 a.m.
Hi,

Is there any way to export RRC's view/filter definition between project areas by JazzUsers?

I know that we can export view definition using Project Templates. But only JazzAdmins can create project templates.

Thank you in advanced.

Natsumi

One answer

permanent link
Erica Tran (1.4k7) | answered Apr 09 '14, 3:32 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello Natsumi,

In the ReqIF tab in project properties, you can select a view.  Would this work for you?

Create a ReqIF file by elect the view(s) you want
Export the ReqIF file
Then use the Import option and select ReqIF.

Comments
Natsumi Yokoyama commented Apr 10 '14, 4:32 a.m.

Hi, Erica

I know that feature. But it is allowed only for Administrator. JazzUsers can not do this operation. I tried this with RRC 4.0.6. If the account does not have JazzAdmin, following error is occurred.

ID CRRRW7561E  To view the project templates, certain roles and permissions are required. Ask an administrator to assign you both the administrator role and JazzAdmin repository permission.

Do you know how to do this by JazzUsers?

Thanks

- Natsumi

Erica Tran commented Apr 10 '14, 9:41 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hello Natsumi,

The permission is based on roles.  If the JazzUser is in a role that has the proper permissions, then it looks like JazzAdmin might be needed.  But I didn't see the JazzAdmin role mentioned on the info center page for importing reqif.

ReqIF Permissions

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.