It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problems with scm commands in RTC 4.0.5

Phillip Piper (15812524) | asked Mar 25 '14, 1:12 a.m.
 We used to be at RTC 3.0.1.3 before we recently migrated our server to RTC 4.0.5. We use the scm command line to write scripts to query locks and lock files across our streams. Since migrating to 4.0.5, I am having a lot of trouble with the scm commands and getting them to work. I can't even query a list of locks in a given stream.

For example, I use the scm login command to login and store credentials then I run this command:
scm list locks -r <repos_alias_used_in_scm_login_cmd> -s <stream_name>
And then I get the following error message even though I've specified the stream name:
Problem running 'list locks':
Specify a target stream or run from a sandbox. Try 'scm help list locks' for more information.
I am not sure what the problem is and I've had other users try with the same results. Has something changed with the scm command or is it just broken? I couldn't find any defects for this on the RTC project dashboard.

One answer

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.3k27) | answered Mar 25 '14, 3:17 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Looks like it is broken although running from within a sandbox location works fine. I have raised a defect: https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=309082

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.