It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why can't I upload jpg to a forum post ?

Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | asked Mar 21 '14, 8:03 a.m.
I've seen stuff about Reputation being greater than some double-digit value.  Mine's almost 2000...
I don't need this often, but when I do I prefer that it works ;-)

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Mar 21 '14, 8:36 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hmm, I can upload an image. I don't know how high your reputation has to be. I would assume yours should qualify you. I'll bump this up.

Millard Ellingsworth commented Mar 21 '14, 10:10 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

What message or results did you get? Did it claim you didn't have sufficient reputation or did it just not work? 

Kevin Ramer commented Mar 22 '14, 8:26 a.m.

Background:  RHEL 6.4 desktop, FF 24.3.0
If I click the Insert Image link, I get the dialog.  If I browse to a file and Open the dialog disappears.  If I type in the path to the file I can then click on the Insert, but the load apparently fails as the inserted link would look like this:

http://jazz.net/home/ramerk/Desktop/report-dup.png

And get an http 404 :-(

2 answers

permanent link
Piotr Aniola (3.7k11738) | answered Mar 21 '14, 10:10 a.m.
What is the reason you cannot upload? You can't see the button? There's an error?
Please note that it's not possible to paste an image directly into the content of a post. The image will shop in the editor, but not in the post after you save it. You need to use the Inser Image button.

As a side note, as I imagine, you will most often use this feature to attach screenshots. For this, PNG is much better than JPG (which is designed for photos, not graphics), offering better (loss-less) quality and smaller file size.

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered Mar 22 '14, 8:49 a.m.
 It's Firefox ....   I did this successfully with Chrome

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.