It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 4.0 zOS bfagent running deployments - how do I shut off printed report of copies that were done?

Donald Poulin (2249119107) | asked Mar 18 '14, 11:33 a.m.
When ever a deployment is run on the zOS host - which causes copies - a printed report gets printed and we would like to eliminate the printed reports. It appears that they go to class A by default. How do I change to either eliminate the output or send it to a class that doesn't get printed?

2 answers

permanent link
Jack Fromme (322) | answered Mar 25 '14, 9:53 a.m.

I also have this issue.  In the BLZBFA proc, I have changed the SYSOUT=* lines to SYSOUT=H, but this had no effect.  I am considering adding a param CLASS=H to the proc line :

BLZBFA  EXEC PGM=BPXBATSL,REGION=0M,TIME=NOLIMIT,

Any suggestions?

Comments
Jack Fromme commented Mar 25 '14, 9:56 a.m.

Rather than CLASS=H, I meant MSGCLASS=H

permanent link
Liam Doherty (2312) | answered Apr 02 '14, 12:32 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Jack, can you tell me if like Don you were running a packaging/deployment or was it a build? If it was a build what was the build step running.

Don, I think IEBCOPY automatically throws out the report to SYSOUT, or more the point XMIT does. I may have to look at the packaging and deployment code to see if there is some way to suppress this. In the meantime you could try running your packaging module BLZPKGZP from the SBLZSAMP version and modify the XMIT statement to direct the output to a different SYSOUT Class that does not get printed. I am going to have to have a look at the code and create a defect if required.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.