It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

variable '{Current Project Area}' with BIRT in RQM

David MICHEL (1472548) | asked Mar 14 '14, 7:42 a.m.
edited Mar 14 '14, 8:09 a.m. by Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.5k480103)
Hello,
    Like BIRT/RTC, I wish to use the variable '{Current Project Area}' to filter a table.
This variable work with the table "REMOTE_TESTPLAN_AND_ITERATION_DIMENSION" but it doesn't work with the table "com.ibm.rqm.execution.TestcaseExecutionRecord".
Could you tell me if I can use another variable or how get the value of the current project ?

thank you in advance for your help

4 answers

permanent link
Clara Forero (6212) | answered Mar 14 '14, 1:00 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi David,

The variable '{Current Project Area}' will work for all the table descriptors defined in RQM.  Where do you see the table "com.ibm.rqm.execution.TestcaseExecutionRecord"?  The naming convention doesn't follow the standards for OOTB table descriptors in CLM.

Thanks,

Clara

permanent link
David MICHEL (1472548) | answered Mar 14 '14, 1:10 p.m.
Hi Clara,
    I find this table from the datasource live_snapshot. Also this varialbe doesn't work in the preview of Eclipse/BIRT.

Thanks

David

permanent link
Clara Forero (6212) | answered Mar 14 '14, 4:22 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi David,

The table descriptors included in the LIVE_SNAPSHOT have a generic definition, hence the non-standard names.  It's possible that the use of the variable is not supported for those table descriptors.

RRDI is the supported Reporting tool for RQM and there is a Live Reporting Data Model that can give you access to the RQM repository data.  The recommendation would be that you try to create the report using RRDI and let us know if you have any questions or need pointers to existing documentation regarding the creation of reports with RRDI.

Thanks,

Clara

permanent link
David MICHEL (1472548) | answered Mar 14 '14, 6:27 p.m.
Hi Clara,
      Thank for your explanation.
I would like to avoid to use RRDI because, as for me, it's to heavy to implement. We need a new server to install it.
With BIRT, we can make a report, then provide it to our client without obliging it to administrate another tool.
It's not very easy for the client but I will ask him to tape the name of the project (a text box parameter) instead of having a list box containing the project.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.