It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to I Interpret the Sprint Backlog Burndown Chart?

Andrew Trobec (49712144139) | asked Mar 12 '14, 5:01 a.m.
Hello,

I am using RTC 4.0.3 for an Agile project and I don't understand how to interpret the Burndown chart provided in a sprint backlog.

I have correctly created and estimated all tasks associated to the stories planned for my sprint and resources are currently working on them until completion.  Whenever I look at the burndown chart, though, it always looks like 
this:

It is not very useful.  I was expecting a burndown chart rather than two lines that don't really tell me much.  Am I doing something wrong?  I expect the remaining work line to start at the top of the y-axis and start to descend towards 0 over time.

Please help!

Best regards,

Andrew

2 answers

permanent link
Dr. Hans-Joachim Pross (1.1k4458) | answered Mar 12 '14, 5:20 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Do you have the etl-jobs configured to collect the information for the data warehouse?

Comments
Andrew Trobec commented Mar 12 '14, 5:24 a.m.

@hajo62

Hello and thank you for your reply!
I don't know if the etl jobs are configured correctly since I unfortunately do not have access to the admin pages.
What I can add is that there is also a Shared Report called "Burndown" that doesn't provide data in the filters, so I think the etls might be the problem.  What do you think?
Regards,
Andrew

permanent link
Dr. Hans-Joachim Pross (1.1k4458) | answered Mar 12 '14, 5:46 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Mar 12 '14, 5:49 a.m.
Yes. This is a possible reason and I think you should ask your admin to check, if the etl jobs are configured and running.
The status can be checked at:
https://<your-server>/jts/admin#action=com.ibm.team.reportsManagement.etlStatus

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.