It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to get the current iteration and set it to Planned for attribute?

Surender Biyyala (403548) | asked Mar 06 '14, 1:23 p.m.
 HI ,

The following is my use case

the users are creating Defects without selecting the iteration to which it belong. so we decided to set the iteration to the current iteration if the user did not give any value.

For this I decided to go for a RTC plugin and on saving the Defect will call that plugin and if the iteration is unassigned i need to get the current iteration and set it before saving.

My Question is

-> How can get the current iteration.

I`m able to get the time lines and from there I can get all the iterations but i want to get the current iteration.

Please suggest.

Thanks
Surender

2 answers

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Mar 06 '14, 1:32 p.m.
each timeline has a current iteration 

IDevelopmentLine.getCurrentIteration();

please see the javadoc.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Mar 07 '14, 2:54 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I would rethink the process instead of doing this kind of automation.

The tester should only set the found in attribute, so that the developers know which release this is for.

The planned for attribute is not something the tester should set, from my perspective. By setting the planned for for the current iteration, you kind of break the planning process. The developers (a change control board or the dev lead, even other developers) should look at new incoming work and then decide on when this needs to be addressed.

You can also  if you require a value for the iteration (or any other attribute) from the testers, make it required.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.