It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

JKE Build defination

Manoj Panda (39336662) | asked Feb 22 '14, 9:17 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,
 i am using JKE Sample project and JKE Dev Engine. I am not sure what the difference between jke.qa and jke.dev build defination, though both are using the same build engine. But look at this snap in jke.qa build results, i get the link to number of work items included in the build. whereas the same info is not there in jke.dev build results. Any idea how do i add a link and where?? when i do the build using jke.dev
jke.qa

One answer

permanent link
Arne Bister (2.6k12832) | answered Feb 22 '14, 9:39 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Manoj,

adding work items included in a build can be done with the ANT task workItemPublishder from the Build Toolkit. If you include
<taskdef name="workItemPublisher" classname="com.ibm.team.build.ant.task.WorkItemPublisherTask" />
in your build.xml you can use it.
It is documented here.
If this answers your question please mark it as accepted.
Thanks,
Arne

Comments
Manoj Panda commented Feb 24 '14, 3:06 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I just checked the default build.xml file provided by JKE Banking. When i try to compile, gives me the following error. I dont know much about java.

BUILD FAILED
C:\RTC_workspace\jke\manoj-ucd\JKEBuildScripts\sample.jke.build\build.xml:223: taskdef class com.ibm.team.build.ant.task.ArtifactFilePublisherTask cannot be found
 using the classloader AntClassLoader[]

Arne Bister commented Feb 24 '14, 3:44 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

This indicates that the build definition you use either points to the wrong path for the build toolkit or the build toolkit is missing bits? The build.xml in the JKE examples contains ArtifactFilePublisher as the first task definition so if that fails to load, I would guess the -lib argument to ANT did not include the correct path.
Can you please indicate which version RTC, which JKE build definition and maybe include screenshot of the ANT page of the build definition? Do you have the build toolkit installed locally and started the build engine jdk.dev.engine under the build user owning the Repository workspace associated to the build definition?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.