It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can RQM test suite execution records be blocked on a defect?

Joe Mayo (847) | asked Feb 20 '14, 12:33 p.m.
Usually we fail a TCER or a step in a test script on a defect.  Sometimes a defect will block a TSER.  I can set a TSER to blocked by running t and selecting "Create test suite results winout execution", but didn't see a way to asscoiate that TSER with a defect.  Is there a way to do this or  do I need to associate each test case in the test suite with the defect?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Feb 20 '14, 1:59 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Unfortunately, no (see Improvements required on RQM management of blocking defects on TERs (29781)).

You can select multiple test case execution records in the table view to block on a defect.
Joe Mayo selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Joe Mayo (847) | answered Feb 20 '14, 2:50 p.m.

Paul,

Thanks for the reply.  That's what I thought, just hoping that I overlooked something.  One follow up question then.  If I associate one or more of the TERs under that TSER with a defect, when that defect gets resolved will it move the TSER to "In Progress"?  Our RQM is linked to RTC.

Thanks,

Joe

Comments
Paul Slauenwhite commented Feb 20 '14, 4:04 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Joe,

Unfortunately, no.

Paul

Joe Mayo commented Feb 20 '14, 4:33 p.m.

Thanks again.  At least I know what to expect.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.