It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Filtering Category Values based on Category Type in RPE

Rajnikanth Srinivasan (1366) | asked Feb 17 '14, 6:25 a.m.
edited Feb 17 '14, 6:35 a.m.

I am looking to configure a metadata for an external variable in RPE template. The idea is to execute the report from RRDG ( RQM) based on certain category value as the parameter. For this, I would like RRDG to filter and list out Category Value for a specific Category Type. I used the below filter and when tried it in a browser, it gives me a list of all the category values available in the particular project area irrespective whether the category is of TestPlan or TestCase.

/resources/${projectAreaUUID}/category?fields=feed/entry/content/category[@CategoryType='Release']/*

I also tried the below filter, but no luck,

/resources/${projectAreaUUID}/category?fields=feed/entry/content/category[@term='Release']/* 

Appreciate your help in this regard.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Feb 17 '14, 6:48 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The category (or categoryType) feed does not support fields filtering (see https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RqmApi#SupportedFieldsResources).

Fields filtering for categories is only support on the associated resource (e.g. test plan) feed.  For example:

<feedUrl>?fields=feed/entry/content/testplan/(*|category[@term='category type name' and @value='category value'])

Source: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RqmApi#FieldsExamples
Rajnikanth Srinivasan selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Rajnikanth Srinivasan (1366) | answered Feb 17 '14, 7:57 a.m.
Thanks for the reply..but I am looking to list only the Values of category in RRDG..is that possible with the above filters ? if so, please guide me how...

Comments
Paul Slauenwhite commented Feb 17 '14, 7:58 a.m.

Unfortunately, no.

Rajnikanth Srinivasan commented Feb 19 '14, 6:42 a.m.

Do you know if this will be supported anytime in future ? 

Thanks.

Paul Slauenwhite commented Feb 19 '14, 6:45 a.m.

Currently, there are no plans to add this support.  I would suggest to open a RQM enhancement.

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered Feb 18 '14, 4:50 a.m.
edited Feb 18 '14, 5:00 a.m.
For category, you can only filter by title (ex. 3.4) or updated.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.