It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

exception while connecting DM projects

Qaiser Islam (31287074) | asked Feb 11 '14, 7:24 a.m.
 hi,

I am using RSA 9 with RSADM client 4.0.5 to connect DM 4.0.5. While connecting to project areas i get the exception "java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException", i believe this exception occurs at the time of loading project resources. after the exception all my DM project are listed and i am able to connect with them. but when i add any new diagram (UML, Activity diagram etc. ) via RSA, the diagram appears in webclient with correct folder hierarchy but when i click to view. it just show loading and nothing appears. 

I tried to connect the same setup with DM 4.0.3 and it works fine. i dont get any exception and the artifacts showup in web client. Is it a defect with DM 4.0.5?

Thanks,
Qaiser Islam

2 answers

permanent link
Andrey Karaulov (1861) | answered Feb 11 '14, 7:54 a.m.
 Hello Qaiser,

Do you see any error message in the dm.log and/or rsadm.log that appeared just after you tried to open diagram in the web client?

Regards,
Andrey

Comments
Francois-xavier Panaget commented Feb 11 '14, 8:54 a.m.

Hi Qaiser,

RSA9.0+DM extension 4.0.5 and I do not see this problem.
What is your topology (client OS, server OS, application server and DB)?
Are you able to view the UML element properties?
You said any diagrams is it any UML diagrams? Are BPMN, RSA sketches ... working?
Could you attach as well the .log of the RSA workspace to see from the client side what is happening ?

Regards,
Francois

Qaiser Islam commented Feb 11 '14, 10:56 a.m.

Windows 2008 server, DB2 9.7 64 bit and WAS 8.5.5, all on same machine

yes i can see the UML element properties, even when i selected the isabstract check, changes reflected properly in webclient
this is happening for all type of diagrams including UML, BPMN, RSA sketches. diagrams properties reflecting properly, like diagram description, link to RQM, RRC etc. but diagram itself not appearing
error while logging to DM using RSA diagram in RSA in webclient

Qaiser Islam commented Feb 11 '14, 11:02 a.m.

in dm.log this error is keep repeating..i am not able to attach log file in the post

2014-02-11 07:49:14,635 [             WebContainer : 26] [] ERROR com.ibm.xtools.rmpx.common.exceptions.RmpxRuntimeException  - <rdf:RDF
  <rdf:Description>
    >
User: CLM Administrator
Rmps Request Line:

Andrey Karaulov commented Feb 11 '14, 11:06 a.m.

Could you please put the call stack that correspond to this error into the comment?

permanent link
Qaiser Islam (31287074) | answered Feb 14 '14, 8:40 a.m.
After spending lot of time, finally the problem resolved. the problem seems to me with the deployment of RSADM app on WAS. because of this setup could not create the domain extension server.I uninstalled the application, deleted temp and cache folders and then re installed it. after the re-install i added the Domain extension server manually.

Thanks,
Qaiser

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.