It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Build Definition: Post-Build deliver from multiple builds to a single stream

Donald Bobeng (2122) | asked Feb 07 '14, 8:01 a.m.

Hello

I have an issue with the Post-Build delivery function of the RTC build definition.   I have defined multiple build definitions to Post-Build Deliver to a single stream.  Each build contains a single/unique component.  Post-build delivery is to deliver to an "integration" stream that contains all components.  Each build delivers unique components and in the build definition, I have unchecked the "deliver all components in build workspace" button, and have specified the individual component for each.  I do have the warning message of "Target Stream:  The selected delivery target is currently used in the build definition "xxxx""

Today, I noticed that, though a build (I'll call the build componentA) was successful, the PostBuild delivery did not complete as expected and it gave the following message:

2014-02-07 06:58:29 [Jazz build engine] Invoking post-build participant "com.ibm.team.build.autoDeliver"
2014-02-07 06:59:00 [Jazz build engine] Aborting post-build deliver. It was determined that build "componentB_20140207-0643" has already updated the deliver target with a more recent snapshot than this build's.

componentA build timestamp is 20140207-0541 and takes much longer than componentB build.  componentB build started after componentA and then finished (and postbuild delivered) BEFORE componentA build got to that point.

I double checked and both builds are delivering unique components.  Because of that, I would not expect there to be an issue since the components are unique.  Evidently, the post-build is checking the timestamp of snapshots ACROSS the entire stream, not specific to the component(s) it is delivering.

My question ... Is there a way to bypass this checking and force the delivery from each of these builds regardless of timestamp of previous deliveries??  The postbuild deliver of each of these individual builds with individual components to a single stream is an important piece of this development process.   Most of the time, there are no issues.  I just happened to notice this one.  Any help would be much appreciated.

One answer

permanent link
Donald Bobeng (2122) | answered Feb 10 '14, 9:55 a.m.

I'm working on answering my own question as I notice the following work item:

https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=210689

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.