It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Oracle JDeveloper/Team Productivity Center/OSLC Integration

Ben Rodway (111) | asked Feb 05 '14, 12:34 p.m.
 Hi,

has anyone ever managed to successfully integrate RTC (4.0.4) with Oracle Team Productivity Center via the OSLC plugin for JDev? I have the plugin installed and have configured the RTC server as a repository, however I just keep getting the error: 

"TPC-00029: Test failed. Change Service Initialization Error - Start of root element expected"

The oracle documentation for the plugin is terrible and only details how to get the server IP address for RTC, nothing more. We are forced to use Jdeveloper and would really like to be able to access our work items directly from it.

JDeveloper 11.2.4, OTPC Server 11.2.4, RTC 4.0.4. 

Thanks in advance!

Comments
Donald Nong commented Feb 06 '14, 12:26 a.m.

Although I have no experience in OTPC, by looking at the error message, I suspect that the OTPC did not get a proper REST response in the connection test. What URL do you use for the RTC server? Something like
https:// host-name :9443/ccm/rootservices ?
If you know how to do it, you can capture the network traffic and see what request is sent to the RTC server and what is returned. I expect everything to be in XML format.

Ben Rodway commented Feb 06 '14, 4:54 a.m.

Thanks for your reply. 

I'm actually hitting the server via apache, with SSL turned off. I've experimented with different URLs (and enabling SSL, bypassing apache) but to no avail. 

My current URL is http://hostname/ccm - I can see in the apache log that the client ultimately ends up requesting /ccm/oslc/workitems/catalog but receives a 302 which implies that it is attempting to redirect the client. I'll see if I can find out where to (I don't have wireshark or similar on this system unfortunately).

Sudarshan Rao commented Feb 06 '14, 7:46 a.m.

The starting point URL should ideally be in the format that Donald says in his comment. That is, it should end with ccm/rootservices. Maybe worth trying it in that format.

Given that you say its hitting the catalog url, maybe the application is somehow getting the rootservices and getting the catalog url. If it is, then you should be re-directed to the login page of RTC. Do you have popup blocker enabled in browser? Disable it and try the process, maybe you'll progress..

Murat Toprak commented Aug 14 '15, 2:57 a.m. | edited Aug 14 '15, 6:09 p.m.

Hi Ben,

We are in more or less the same situation with different versions (JDeveloper 12c, OTPC Server 12c, RTC 5.0.2 ) and having error with logining into RTC server over OTPC connector. 

Error Message:

TPC-00029: Test failed.
[Login] - Change Service Initialization Error - null

I was wondering if you have already come up with a solution.

Thanks in advance

edit: I posted an answer since I couldn't post a comment.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.