It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Disabling a Stream

Kevin Kingsbury (611310) | asked Mar 11 '09, 1:35 p.m.
Is there an easy way to disable a stream for delivery? We have a number of streams that are not be used anymore. I know that I can setup the process on the stream so that no one can deliver code to it anymore. But I was wondering if there was a way to generally disable a stream from being used. We would like to keep the stream around for historical reasons but disable it from any changes.

Thanks,
Kevin

2 answers

permanent link
Jean-Michel Lemieux (2.5k11) | answered Mar 11 '09, 2:23 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You have a couple of options:

1. Baseline the components in the stream, then delete the stream. But this may make it hard to reproduce the exact configuration of all the baseline together.
2. Create a snapshot of the stream, move the snapshot to a stream that you still care about, then delete the stream. You can always re-create the stream later from the snapshot.
3. Move the stream to a team area which is configured to restrict on stream operations replace component/drop component/deliver, etc.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel

permanent link
Kevin Kingsbury (611310) | answered Mar 11 '09, 5:03 p.m.
Thanks for the reply. I did not think about the creating the snapshot and moving it to another stream. That definitely seems to be the best option here. That allows the stream to be cleaned up, but not lose any of the history of the stream.

Thanks again.
Kevin

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.