It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why is my Operation Advisor not showing up when I try to enable it?

Susan Hanson (1.6k2201194) | asked Jan 20 '14, 8:41 a.m.
More Operation Advisor issues (sorry).

I have the first Operation Advisor created and enabled (following this article: https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/blogs/extendingrtc/entry/checksummaryadvisor?lang=en_us)

Then I wanted to do another one, so I followed the same instructions but changed a bit (name, package, logic in the advisor).  I created the Feature, created the Site, directory, etc.

Then I restarted my server, but the operation advisor is not listed in the list of Preconditions when I go into my project area.  However, I have no idea where to start debugging.  I have gone back and double-checked spelling in my directory for my site, in my .ini file for my provisioning_profiles ... everything.

Help?
Susan

Comments
sam detweiler commented Jan 20 '14, 9:02 a.m.

did u restart the server cold? it only loads plugins on cold starts

http://server:port/ccm/cmd/requestRestart
then shutdown and restart server

also look in server/logs/ccm.log for possible reasons the plugin did not load

sam detweiler commented Jan 20 '14, 11:05 a.m.

typo again
http://server:port/ccm/admin/cmd/requestReset

you should see this response

The Jazz Server has been flagged to reset and reload from the configured update-site when it is next restarted

Accepted answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Jan 20 '14, 10:53 a.m.
this is what I meant by define it as a requirement

on your plugin.xml, the second entry, rich click, add extensionservice
right click on extensionservice, add prerequisite

here is a plugin from Ralphwhich shows it
<plugin>
   <extension
         point="com.ibm.team.process.service.operationParticipants">
      <operationParticipant
            class="com.ibm.js.team.workitem.createapproval.participant.CreateApprovalParticipant"
            id="com.ibm.js.team.workitem.createapproval.participant"
            name="Create Approvel Participant"
            operationId="com.ibm.team.workitem.operation.workItemSave">
            <extensionService
                componentId="com.ibm.js.team.workitem.createapproval.participant.component"
                implementationClass="com.ibm.js.team.workitem.createapproval.participant.CreateApprovalParticipant">
                <prerequisites>
                    <requiredService interface="com.ibm.team.repository.common.service.IContributorService"/>   
                    <requiredService interface="com.ibm.team.workitem.common.IAuditableCommon"/>
                    <requiredService interface="com.ibm.team.process.internal.common.service.IProcessService"/>         
                    <requiredService interface="com.ibm.team.process.service.IProcessServerService"/>
                    <requiredService interface="com.ibm.team.workitem.service.IWorkItemServer"/>             
                </prerequisites>
          </extensionService>      
      </operationParticipant>
   </extension>

Susan Hanson selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Susan Hanson commented Jan 21 '14, 3:12 a.m.

I've been looking for Ralph's Create Approval Participant, can you toss me the link, please??

And your reset command and your other answers all have my Advisor now loading and working.  I now have to get all the right logic.
Susan

sam detweiler commented Jan 21 '14, 6:16 a.m.

here is the link to the approvals participant in Ralph's blog
https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2012/11/30/a-create-approval-work-item-save-participant/

One other answer

permanent link
Susan Hanson (1.6k2201194) | answered Jan 20 '14, 9:24 a.m.
Thanks!  I actually went ahead and rebooted and that also cleared it up.  I'll remember to requestRestart next time.

Comments
Susan Hanson commented Jan 20 '14, 9:30 a.m.

well, spoke too soon .. it shows up now but gets an error stating that my OperationAdvisor failed to find the require dservice 'interface com.ibm.team.workitem.common.IWorkItemCommon'. Check <prerequisites> in plugin.xml.

Well, my plugin.xml doesn't HAVE any <prerequisites> tag (maybe that is the problem), but I do have com.ibm.team.workitem.common  listed as a required plugin. 

Is there a place to register this hard dependency/prereq on the class itself?

Susan

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.