It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Using RTC cli with a metrics tool

Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | asked Jan 07 '14, 4:17 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I have been in conversation with a team who is looking to use a code metrics tool for which no integration exists with RTC.  The metrics tool people said they can build an integration if they can do the following (and I have tried to rephrase these in RTC terminology):

·         query SCM for updates to a particular project (ie what has changed in a project area for one, some of all streams associated with the project)
·         associate changes over a given period with specific developers (I interpret this in RTC terminology  identifying all changesets delivered by a specific user over a specific time period)
·         checkout a set of revisions as buildable packages (from the other info I have - this is grabbing specific versions of the code - I would usually do this against a named snapshot - which is pretty standard).

Are any of these types of query/command possible from the commandline? 

This is for RTC 4.x.

thanks

anthony

One answer

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.2k27) | answered Jan 08 '14, 6:09 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
For point 1, you could first list all the streams in the project area 'scm list streams' and use 'scm list changesets' by specifying 'created after' to list all the change sets created after a specific date and time.

For point 2, you can use 'scm list changesets' command where you can specify the 'creator' of the change set and 'created after' and/or 'created before' certain date and time.

Comments
Anthony Kesterton commented Jan 08 '14, 6:15 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Thank you Shashikant - this is most helpful.

In terms of the last point - I am still thinking this would have been done as a snapshot, and we can certainly load up a workspace with a known snapshot.

Shashikant Padur commented Jan 08 '14, 10:18 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Yes, snapshot seems to be the right way to go.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.