It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Jenkins/Hudson build is triggering even there no change in SCM

Prabhahar Thangam (1123) | asked Jan 07 '14, 3:52 a.m.
Hi,
I am using RTC version 4.0.2 with Jenkins CI integration.  I have "Build only if changed accepted" checked and scheduled a build to run once in every day in the build definition. I am expecting that  the build should look for changes and trigger the build into Jenkins only if necessary.  But this is not happening.

Thanks and Regards
Prabhahar

Comments
sam detweiler commented Jan 07 '14, 6:32 a.m.

>and scheduled a build to run once in every day in the build definition

I think this is a scheduled build, so it will run everyday. it may not 'do anything' if you setup the jenkins job correctly. ie, check for changes, finds none, ends

Prabhahar Thangam commented Jan 07 '14, 7:01 a.m.

HiĀ 

i would like to schedule the build in a periodic time with the build happen if there is no change happened in SCM

sam detweiler commented Jan 07 '14, 7:15 a.m.

let me see if I can say this back to you.

you want a build of the accumulated changes, if any, done daily.
If there have been no changes, the build should not execute.

One answer

permanent link
Spencer Murata (2.3k115971) | answered Jan 07 '14, 8:09 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 By default the Jenkins integration will no do anything with the JazzSCM information.  The information is passed in as variables, but generally you will need to run the JBE from Jenkins to do any kind of CI work.  Alternatively you could use the plugin for Jenkins and it would do the CI build like you want, but you wouldn't get the information into RTC automatically.  

In other words, there will be no build avoidance on the RTC side with Jenkins.  Jenkins will have to take in the JazzSCM information and figure out for itself if a build is necessary or not.  The easy way to determine that is by calling the JBE with those properties:
"$JBE_executable" -userId $Build_User -pass $Build_Password -repository $Repository_Address -buildResultUUID $buildResultUuid -engineUUID $engineUUID -participants com.ibm.team.build.jazzscm -noComplete -verbose

~Spencer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.