It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Error Permission Denied: You don't have permission to modify following action: modify/creator

Rhishikesh Patil (1311827) | asked Jan 03 '14, 11:59 a.m.
RTC 4.0.1
Formal Process Template
Role Developer

This error appeared due to change in read only property of RTC internal attribute Created By (this can happen to other RTC internal attributes as well if you un check read only property )

The error was specific to role such as developer, roles like Conf manager, Team Lead etc won't get this error as they have almost all the permission to modify work items attributes.

If you check read only then this error won't appear this is confusing, any reason to make it read only?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Susan Hanson (1.6k2201194) | answered Jan 03 '14, 6:54 p.m.
I had opened a PMR for this and the answer that I got was that it was a fix to a bug.  Creator was always meant to be read-only since the person who "creates" the work item originally would never change.  People/teams may be using that also for other things (like for us, the originator also validates the defect has been fixed, so if the originator leaves the team/company, we would modify the CreatedBy to indicate the new person.  Their recommendation was to add a new custom proper for "person to validate the defect" and write save action participants that could automatically set that value initially to the CreatedBy attribute value.

It seemed a change from V3 to V4 as we say it moving from 3.0.1 to 4.0.0.1.

Susan
Rhishikesh Patil selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Susan Hanson (1.6k2201194) | answered Feb 18 '14, 10:58 p.m.
By the way, I have created an enhancement to request a permission, since adding a new attribute is a MAJOR issue when you think about the attribute, participant to auto-set it, change in every automated tool, every report, every query, etc.

https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=303793

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.