It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

configure the email in RTC Server

ramu Paturi (622) | asked Dec 23 '13, 1:56 a.m.
 How to configure email settings in RTC server administration?anyone explain me step by step
when i configured and sending test mail  its showing this error

Exception reading response; nested exception is: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out

One answer

permanent link
Piotr Aniola (3.7k11738) | answered Dec 23 '13, 6:02 a.m.
Everything is explained here:
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m4/index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm.jazz.repository.web.admin.doc/topics/tconfigemail.html&scope=null

Can you please show a screenshot of your current configuration? The error message you're getting suggests that the SMTP server cannot be contacted. Are you able to send an email using this SMTP server from the CLM server machine using telnet?

Comments
ramu Paturi commented Dec 23 '13, 6:18 a.m.

No i am not able to send email using SMTP Server 

Piotr Aniola commented Dec 23 '13, 6:22 a.m.

In this case please contact the server administrator, as the issue seems to be on SMTP server side.

ramu Paturi commented Dec 23 '13, 6:32 a.m.

Hi Piotr Aniola

You send me one link to me same like that i did but it is showing above error.Before configure email configuration shall i install any server for email configuration.

Piotr Aniola commented Dec 23 '13, 8:36 a.m.

I'm not sure I understand correctly, I believe that it would be helpful if you sent the screenshot from your email configuration in CLM as requested before, it would be very helpful in finding the root cause of the issue.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.