It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there any way to retrieve the list of merged file?

Yasuyuki Kubota (341015) | asked Dec 20 '13, 12:32 a.m.
retagged Dec 24 '13, 2:47 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)
I want to retrieve the list of merged file for the reviewing the result of merging.
The merged file means the files has already resolved conflict(merged) in the past.

Anyone feel like giving me a hand?

3 answers

permanent link
Arne Bister (2.6k12832) | answered Dec 20 '13, 1:09 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

there is a good article on SCM archaeology in jazz.net, highlighting how to retrieve historical information about change sets and files. Does the information help you?
For latest RTC 4.0.5 you will want to consider the changes introduced by advanced gap merge handling as detailed in the improved gap handling article.

Please mark this answer as accepted if it contains the info you were looking for.

Thanks,
Arne

permanent link
David Lafreniere (4.8k7) | answered Dec 20 '13, 1:17 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I'm not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for, but:
See IChangeSet.changes() for a list of changes in the change set.
Now see IChange.mergeStates(). If it's null, then the change has not been merged.

Also, if you only care about files and not folders, you can use:
if (IChange.item() instanceof IFileItemHandle)

permanent link
James Adams (547) | answered Dec 20 '13, 4:07 p.m.
The way we get a list of merged files is as follows:

Snapshot your stream before files are merged, merge your files, and take another snapshot after the merge process. Once you have those 2 snapshots, they can be compared to show your changes. We use the generateChangeLog.ant to generate the changes which accepts 2 snapshots and compares the differences in them.

I believe there is a way to compare 2 snapshots within RTC itself though, if you just want to validate the merge process.

Comments
Yasuyuki Kubota commented Dec 23 '13, 9:31 p.m.

Hi, James

Thanks for your answer.
I tried compare 2 snapshots and I could show my changes.
But I could show merged files in Change Explorer View.
How can I show merged files?
I need to do another step?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.