It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

java.lang.Null.PointerException Internal error 500

archana kurup (2026972) | asked Dec 06 '13, 11:01 p.m.
edited Dec 12 '13, 12:13 a.m.
I was trying to create requirements in my project.But whenever i click on Requirement manager it's asking me to login again and whenever i login there it's showing the following errors.
"The following server error occurred while connecting to the external provider.Please check with your administrator and try again later.java.lang.Null.PointerException(More information found at entry [144ccb7ffal2bcef]in RRS server log)"Internal error 500 " .

Comments
Arne Bister commented Dec 07 '13, 2:47 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi,
while you probably need to look at the indicated server log for details, my gut feeling says it could be something with the underlying database / database tables. When the database is not available, disk full or database user has no permissions, this could be one of the resulting errors.
You (or your admin) needs to look at the /rm admin page, usually https://<jazz server>:<port>/rm/admin , e.g. https://jazz.acme.com:9443/rm/admin

2 answers

permanent link
archana kurup (2026972) | answered Dec 09 '13, 11:06 p.m.
edited Dec 10 '13, 2:26 a.m.
1)I checked the rm admin page and i run all the jobs regarding requirement.But in Job status it's showing the requirement as failed?
2)IBM DB2->DB2COPY(default)->General Admission Tools->Control Centre->All systems->BEL-PC->Instances->DB2->Database
There it showed all the databases like CCM,JTS,QM,RICM,RIDW and for all it's showing NOT Connected Status.Should i connect it?
3) Where can i find this RRS Server log?

Comments
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk commented Dec 10 '13, 2:02 a.m.

hi Archana,
You can look into rm.log file for further erros.

Arne Bister commented Dec 10 '13, 2:53 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Archana,

can you please tell us some more about your setup? It looks as though this is a local test installation of CLM ... with DB2 and tomcat? The DB2 databases need to be started. Tomcat obviously is started otherwise you would not see a webpage.
You can find the logs on the server (local PC?) where Tomcat is running. If you installed the jazz team server in e.g. C:\IBM then the path to the log files is:
C:\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\logs
One of the logfiles will the the rm.log
Please advise if your setup is different from what I guessed.

Best,
Arne

permanent link
archana kurup (2026972) | answered Dec 10 '13, 3:45 a.m.
Yes.The set up is same.ANd started the database.But stil it;s not working.Should i click on the CONNECT button in database?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.