It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Get Changeset history of File Item in rtc java api

Arati Kulkarni (133) | asked Apr 19 '23, 2:49 a.m.

Hello,

I have file item (iVersionable) object and I would like to get its latest changeSet or complete changeset history it was delivered with.
The ultimate goal is to get the task process work item that was linked to the changeSet while delivering the file item using RTC plain java client APIs.

RTC Java API version I am using is 7.0.1
IDE - InetelliJ Idea
Programming language - Java

Kindly guide me for above issue.

Regards,
Arati

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Apr 20 '23, 5:29 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Apr 20 '23, 5:32 a.m.

I do not have an answer and also no time to rummage around in the SDK to find all the answers. My suggestion to you would be to search for the topics you are interested about on this site. As an example: https://www.google.com/search?q=ifileItem+change+set+site%3Ajazz.net

Look at the questions/answers and example code you can find through those search queries. 

If you are interested in developing Java code for EWM and the SDK or the plain java client libraries, which is pretty much the same, forget IntelliJ. Go here: https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2015/09/30/learning-to-fly-getting-started-with-the-rtc-java-apis/ understand what you are dealing with and perform the RTC Extensions Workshop - at least Lab 1 completely and learn how to search for the stuff in the SDK source code. The Unit tests and other implementations can be a guidance to how to use the SDK/API. This sets you up with an Eclipse that allows you to see all the Java Code in the SDK/Plain Java. As far as I can tell, IntelliJ will never be able to provide you with this, because the SDK is based on Eclipse and Eclipse plugins and feature technology.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.