It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Connection to website is untrusted error while loading java applet in RAM.

Sripriya Karimpuzhasriram (134752) | asked Nov 21 '13, 2:58 a.m.
edited Nov 21 '13, 2:59 a.m.
Hello team,
We are facing an issue for users who are logging into the Rational Asset Manager for the first time. 
1. Log into RAM
2. Click on Submit icon
3. In the "Submit an asset" page, under "Content" tab, click on "More Options". The java applet starts to load, however a pop appears saying "Do you want to continue? The connection to this website is untrusted." The certification is not valid and cannot be used to verify the identity of the website.This application will be blocked in a future Java security update because the JAR file manifest does not contain the Permissions attribute. Please contact the Publisher for more information. Please see screenshot by clicking on this link.

When I click on "Continue", it works for the time being and the java applet loads successfully and the pop up does not appear again. However when I close the browser window and open it again the next time, the same pop up appears. Is there a way to completely get rid of the pop up.

This happens for users who have java version 6 and java version 7 installed in their machines.

Please can you help?

Thanks!

Regards,
Sripriya

2 answers

permanent link
Bryan Song (761) | answered Nov 25 '13, 4:35 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Sripriya,

I also met this issue when login to RAM, and I remembered there's some place to Remember my choice thus you do not need to click the same thing every time when you login to RAM.

Thanks & regards...

Bryan

Rational Asset Manager

Comments
Sripriya Karimpuzhasriram commented Nov 25 '13, 7:47 a.m.

Thanks Bryan for the reply.

But the pop up (screenshot in my question) is missing the checkbox where I can check so that it does not ask me again, so this keeps occuring everytime a java applet loads in the "Submit page" , "Visualize asset page" and "Collaboration", all places where a Java applet loads.

So, I am not sure how to prevent this popup from appearing each time.

permanent link
Bryan Song (761) | answered Nov 26 '13, 1:43 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I remembered to see the checkbox when using firefox, and the screen shot shows that you are using IE, can you try that on Firefox?

Thanks...

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.