It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to have predefined sections in RQM for test cases

Corey Jacobs (642439) | asked Nov 15 '13, 1:36 p.m.
Hi, our team is currently using RQM 4.0.1 in production.  I have create a new Test Case Template for usage with several preset RQM sections (test description, formal review, expected results, etc.)   In addition, I have added custom section '360 Testing', as  rich text section.  I was wondering if it's possible to have any of the sections (preset or custom) predefined with information.  The user would only have to modify a small portion of this already prefilled section.  This would be nice to have, so the user wouldn't have to keep copy & pasting from another document.  I was wondering if this functionality is supported for the RQM Adminstrator to implement. 

One answer

permanent link
James Paulus (20622135) | answered Nov 15 '13, 1:57 p.m.
 We will do some predefined values when it comes to a drop down field.   I'm not sure of anything for a text field.   This is handled via "Manage Project Properties">"Artifact Categories".   Then select the particular category and choose "Set Default Value".

Comments
Corey Jacobs commented Nov 21 '13, 1:02 p.m.

Thanks James for the response.  I was aware of the default ability for drop down fields.  I was wondering if this same capability for test case sections. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.