It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Reports of customized work items

Ricardo Balduino (41264) | asked Feb 23 '09, 2:43 p.m.
Hi,

I created a custom-type work item, and attributes of type enum in it.
Now, I want to create reports/dashboard consolidating the attributes information from all work items of this type. However, I don't seem to be able to see these new attributes when creating a BIRT report. I can only see the out-of-the-box ones (e.g. status, etc.).

Any comments or pointers to supporting material will be appreciated.

7 answers

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Feb 23 '09, 11:00 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Starting 2.0 M2, custom fields will be exposed to BIRT reports.

permanent link
Curtis d'Entremont (1.3k3) | answered Feb 24 '09, 11:07 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The work item statistics viewlet in dashboard will also have this fixed for 2.0.

https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/67738

permanent link
Ricardo Balduino (41264) | answered Mar 05 '09, 2:22 p.m.
Hi,

I installed RTC 2.0M2 and tried to use this new capability. However, I don't seem to find a way to create reports of custom work items and attributes.
If I go on the Reports perspective and try to use BIRT to create a new report template that I can add to RTC, I can only create data sets that access the out-of-the-box tables and columns, but not my custom attributes.
Am I missing anything? Is there a tutorial/example on how to use this new capability?

Thank you.

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Mar 05 '09, 4:50 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Currently there is no documentation on this. Look at the data sets named:

WC_XXX_EXT and WS_XXX_EXT

WC stands for WORKITEM_CHANGES
WS stands for WORKITEM_STATES

The new tables behave like the WORKITEM_CHANGES and the WORKITEM_STATES tables. but add columns for the custom field name (KEY) and value.

There is a new Plan Items report that you can use as an example. You can find it in your com.ibm.team.examples.reports.common bundle.

permanent link
Ricardo Balduino (41264) | answered Mar 09 '09, 12:15 p.m.
Thanks! I was able to create a report following these coordinates. The report runs correctly on the Report Design perspective, on the preview tab of the report designer.
However, after I deploy the report as a new report template in the Work Items perspective and try to run it, I get an error saying:

TypeError: 'length' is null or not an object

Has anyone seem this before?
Thanks again.

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Mar 10 '09, 12:38 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Can you please create a work item for this and attach the report that causes the error. 2.0 M2 haD major changes the reports WEB UI. So things are a bit in progress.

permanent link
Ricardo Balduino (41264) | answered Mar 10 '09, 1:31 p.m.
Created defect 73856: https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=73856

Will send the process template and report separately.
Thanks!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.