It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can I embed a canned micro report into RPE document output?

Andrew Codrington (17733135) | asked Oct 30 '13, 10:40 a.m.
CLM 4.0.2, FF 10

What I want:
- printed output from plan views and/or dashboards to take to offline meetings to scribble on quickly

Why do I want that:
- Jazz plan views and dashboards are fantastic tools to show useful information, but they are painfully slow to work with in a collaborative meeting and many meetings are held in spaces without big screens anyway. We are not yet paperless.

Approaches that don't seem to work:
- CTRL-P in the browser from a plan view prints a tantalizingly good first page, but any subsequent pages only have header info, no content
- CTRL-P in the browser from a dashboard mangles some of the widgets on the first page, and then subsequent pages are generally empty
- The Print option is grayed out in Eclipse plan views.
- Based on this work item and it's children I don't think it's a config problem on my side, but I'd love to hear about workarounds if any exist

Next option to try:
- Try to recreate info from plan views and/or dashboards in RPE document output
- (NB We have RPE on a couple clients, but do not have RRDI installed)

Thus the question:
- Will I be able to embed any of the great micro reports available out of the box for dashboard widgets into RPE document output?

- Confession: I have not yet walked through the CLM Reporting Workshop to see if this is covered there.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Alanna Zito (1.3k3) | answered Oct 30 '13, 3:52 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Andrew,

There is no way to embed the output of a dashboard report in an RPE template.  It would be difficult or impossible to recreate most of the out of the box reports in RPE (since RPE does not support charts, and can only report on live data).

For printing report dashboard widgets - if you click on the title of any of the out-of-the-box report viewlets on the dashboard, it will open up the corresponding "macro" report in the reports view.  From here, you are able to view the report in a printable format in the browser, or export the report to another file that you could print out (as PDF, Word, etc.).  I know printing out each report separately is not as convenient as one document that shows the whole dashboard at a glance, but would this be a suitable workaround?

Andrew Codrington selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Andrew Codrington commented Oct 31 '13, 4:32 p.m.

Clear answer, and useful workaround. Thank you!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.