It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to calculate holiday using Java Script in RTC

Natsumi Yokoyama (209386101) | asked Oct 30 '13, 1:53 a.m.
edited Oct 30 '13, 1:54 a.m.

Hi,

How to calculate holiday using Java Script in RTC?

Does anyone have any ideas?

I am going to customize RTC work items. One of most important feature is to calculate an appropriate due date using Java Script.  In order to set due date, calculating holiday is an essential feature. Also, my customer plans to use RTC for several years. I have to consider about maintainability.

Thank you in advance.

Natsumi

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Oct 30 '13, 3:38 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

there is a planning component in RTC that can potentially help you with this - if you provide the scheduled absences.

If you want to use JavaScript, please be aware that the API does not allow you to access data outside the current work item today. If you need more complex data manipulation you would need to use Java as described here: https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2013/06/26/attribute-customization-java-based-value-providers-conditions-and-validators/

JavaScript is also not available if you use the client API to create work items, it is also not available in other clients than the Eclipse and Web Client. Java Providers would also only support Eclipse and Web UI and have to be deployed in the Eclipse Client(s) as well as on the server.

If you need more, especially have it working on the server to support all clients,  you might need to create a follow up action. See https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2012/07/31/rtc-update-parent-duration-estimation-and-effort-participant/ for how that works.

Natsumi Yokoyama selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Natsumi Yokoyama commented Oct 30 '13, 9:01 p.m.

Hi,

Thank you for your immediate respond. :-) 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.