It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Test schedule option in test plan section isn't loading

igor lyubin (131518) | asked Oct 24 '13, 10:59 a.m.
    Greeting! We have jazz team server with RQM -  4.0.0.1 It works fine except the one strange thing: we can't create a test schedule in the test plan section, the page is just not available.
We navigate Planning -> browse test plan ->test plan overview -> test schedules 
And it tells us "Loading". How to configure Quality Manager to fix it? How to solve this problem?
I still can create execution schedule in execution tab.

P.S. my primary goal is to create reports for scheduled jobs. I want to organise these reports by days of the week, can i do it without this unavailable option?

Comments
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk commented Oct 24 '13, 11:14 a.m.

Hi Igor,
We need a bit more information to gather regarding this issue
1. Have you checked if you have any errors in qm.log?
2. Do you have a proxy or firewall between client and server?
3. For how many test plans you have this issue? Out of how many?
4. When did you observe the issue first? What were particular actions you had done before you saw the issue?

igor lyubin commented Oct 24 '13, 11:38 a.m.

Hi Chris! Thx for so fast respone. Unfortunately, i need some time to gather this information. By now i know just:

3. we have it for all test plans.
4. I observed this issue a few days ago and it will be hard to guess what actions cause to that. 

Can you suggest any config files or smt connected to this issue?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Tory Jaskoviak (52015) | answered Oct 24 '13, 1:25 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Igor,

There are known performance issues when loading execution schedules. We decreased overall load time in 4.0.1 as part of Defect 73042 - Opening an ExecutionSequence returns too many data and calls too many services and in 4.0.5 as part of Defect 92707 - Saving a test schedule takes 2 or 3 minutes.

Although those two defects greatly improved performance, there is another development task to further boost speed - https://jazz.net/jazz02/web/projects/Rational%20Quality%20Manager#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=75735. It is currently set high priority but does not have a planned for version yet.

Regards,
Tory
igor lyubin selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
igor lyubin commented Oct 30 '13, 11:43 a.m.

Thx for the answer, but it's unrelated for my question. it's not a preformance issue, the page isn't loading at all. 

Tory Jaskoviak commented Oct 30 '13, 1:46 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Igor, those defects I mentioned can cause the execution schedules to load indefinitely.

One other answer

permanent link
igor lyubin (131518) | answered Oct 30 '13, 11:42 a.m.
 Thx all. I still have no direct access to the server. I can only hope that man who developed jts will return soon and fix this problem by himself

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.