It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

During promotion of a build, the client times out after about eight minutes

Spencer Murata (2.3k115971) | asked Oct 24 '13, 9:36 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 When promoting an RTC component, client gets an error during creation of finalize build map. The RTC client timeout setting has been set to 4800 seconds, however the timeout occurs after about eight minutes, far short of the expected timeout.  How can I get the promotion to complete?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Spencer Murata (2.3k115971) | answered Oct 24 '13, 9:39 a.m.
 The time out of the 'finalize build map' step can be updated by specifying the property "team.enterprise.promotion.connectionTimeoutOverride" on the definition, where -1 is infinite wait time.  The help has this written down here: https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm.team.build.doc/topics/t_ee_z_customizepromobuild.html&scope=null

Spencer Murata selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Oct 24 '13, 9:38 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Spencer, I'm not sure how the EE builds do their promotion and the "finalize build map" step.  But 8 mins is the default timeout for a client connection to RTC, so I suspect that the they're calling back to RTC from the agent-based build step.  Should file a work item for this and have the EE team investigate.

Comments
Spencer Murata commented Oct 24 '13, 9:39 a.m.

Too slow!  I had the answer all along! 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.