It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Invalid UUID on dependency build

Robert Johnston (4378) | asked May 09 '13, 10:23 a.m.
edited May 09 '13, 5:09 p.m. by Spencer Murata (2.3k115971)

We have started getting an error on all of our dependency builds. Running RTC 4.0.1 with dependency builds on z/OS. It happens almost immediately, apparently in the build preprocessing.  The error is

Accepting changes into workspace "Build for z/OS Test Stream (zOS Code Only) Workspace"...
com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: invalid UUID []

I found another forum question on this that said to add a build property "team.enterprise.build.dependency.forceFullAnalysis" and set it to true, but that didn't seem to make a difference.

I've tried changing the JAZZ_USER to be the owner of the stream and have removed it to run as ADMIN.. no apparent difference.

My log looks like:

Found a scheduled request for build definition Nightly Build for Test
Substituted the following build property variables:
team.enterprise.scm.fetchDestination = ${SCM_HOME}/load   -->   team.enterprise.scm.fetchDestination = /u/buildarea/test/load
Substituted the following configuration element property variables:
com.ibm.rational.buildforge.buildagent.precmdline : com.ibm.rational.buildforge.buildagent.precmdline.workingDir = ${SCM_HOME}/tmp   -->   com.ibm.rational.buildforge.buildagent.precmdline.workingDir = /u/buildarea/test/tmp
com.ibm.team.enterprise.zos.build.common.IZosDependencyBuildConfigurationElement : team.enterprise.build.ant.workingDir = ${SCM_HOME}/ant   -->   team.enterprise.build.ant.workingDir = /u/buildarea/test/ant
com.ibm.team.enterprise.zos.build.common.IZosDependencyBuildConfigurationElement : team.enterprise.build.ant.propertiesFile = ${SCM_HOME}/ant/ant.properties   -->   team.enterprise.build.ant.propertiesFile = /u/buildarea/test/ant/ant.properties
com.ibm.rational.buildforge.buildagent.postcmdline : com.ibm.rational.buildforge.buildagent.postcmdline.workingDir = ${SCM_HOME}/tmp   -->   com.ibm.rational.buildforge.buildagent.postcmdline.workingDir = /u/buildarea/test/tmp
Should build occur?
Pre-build participant "com.ibm.team.enterprise.build.common.IFileAgentJazzScmConfigurationElement" would like to build.
The JAZZ_USER build property is not specified.  The build pre-processing code will be running under the ADMIN user ID.  If you wish to run the build pre-processing code under a user ID other than ADMIN, define the JAZZ_USER build property either in your build engine or your build definition.
Accepting changes into workspace "Build for z/OS Test Stream (zOS Code Only) Workspace"...
com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: invalid UUID []
 at com.ibm.rational.buildforge.buildagent.internal.service.BuildAgentRequestService.invokeBuildParticipants(BuildAgentRequestService.java:923)
 at com.ibm.rational.buildforge.buildagent.internal.service.BuildAgentRequestService.invokeParticipants(BuildAgentRequestService.java:898)
 at com.ibm.rational.buildforge.buildagent.internal.service.BuildAgentRequestService.runBuild(BuildAgentRequestService.java:225)
 at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor1083.invoke(Unknown Source)

Comments
Dave Bellagio commented May 16 '13, 3:08 p.m.

Did you upgrade any of your clients before you started seeing the error?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Dave Bellagio (2612) | answered May 16 '13, 4:07 p.m.
I saw this error myself when I got a "blank" language definition user property associated with a file.

Blank Language Def User Property
I would look at the files in the new change sets on the stream you are trying to build and see if any of these elements have blank definitions set on them.
Robert Johnston selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.