It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Unable to see the iterations for the other development line

Jing Chen (162) | asked Feb 18 '09, 11:05 p.m.
Hello There,

We are using the scrum process. Our project has 4 development lines. They are main development, HKDS, NYDS and GLTiDS. Each of them has its own iteration. However, I cannot see the iterations defined for the other development line when I create iteration plans for HKDS development line.

Thanks in advance,

Jing

5 answers

permanent link
Elisabeth Carbone (616108) | answered Feb 19 '09, 7:31 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello Jing,

I am not sure where exactly you expect to see the iteration plans from other lines. Do you mean in the "New Iteration Plan" dialog when you click on Brows for Iterations?

If this is the place you can change the TeamArea and you will see the iterations from another line.

Could you explain why you would like to see all iterations?

Elisabeth

permanent link
Jing Chen (162) | answered Feb 19 '09, 8:04 p.m.
Hello Jing,

I am not sure where exactly you expect to see the iteration plans from other lines. Do you mean in the "New Iteration Plan" dialog when you click on Brows for Iterations?

If this is the place you can change the TeamArea and you will see the iterations from another line.

Could you explain why you would like to see all iterations?

Elisabeth

Hi Elisabeth,

You are right. The iterations are missing from the New Iteration dialogue. I have corresponding teamarea created for each development line. For example, I belong to HKDS team and work on the HKDS development line. I need to create iteration plan for the HKDS development line.

In the New Iteration Plan, I selected the project area and HHDS team area. The iterations belonged to the HKDS develoment line are missing. However, if I accept the team area as the default value, my global team, the iterations for my development line are there.

I don't think that I understand the logic fully. Is there anything wrong here?

Thanks,

Jing

permanent link
Johannes Rieken (1.2k1) | answered Feb 20 '09, 3:18 a.m.
jdchen5 wrote:
Hello There,

We are using the scrum process. Our project has 4 development lines.
They are main development, HKDS, NYDS and GLTiDS. Each of them has
its own iteration. However, I cannot see the iterations defined for
the other development line when I create iteration plans for HKDS
development line.

Please make sure that the iterations have the 'has-deliverable'-flag.
All other are filtered by Agile Planning tooling.

--
Cheers, Johannes
Agile Planning Team

permanent link
Elisabeth Carbone (616108) | answered Feb 23 '09, 4:14 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,

to what development line belongs the Team Area HHDS? If it belongs to the HKDS development line and you have some iterations where you can schedule a release you should see those iterations in the New Iteration dialog when you select HHDS as team.

Does this answer your question?

/Elisabeth

permanent link
Jing Chen (162) | answered Feb 23 '09, 8:57 p.m.
Hello,

I have defined the following development line and iterations defined for my team, HKDS.The release flags are ticked for all the iterations.
HKDS (Development Line)
HKDS Release 1 (iteration)
HKDS Release 1.1 (iteration)
HKDS Release 1.2 (iteration)
HKDS Release 1.3 (iteration)

I want to create an iteration plan for HKDS Release 1. In the New Iteration Plan dialogue, I selected the HKDS team area. Then I couldn't find the above defined HKDS iterations. I can only see the iterations defined for the main development line.

However, if I accept the default team area, the global team, I can see my HKDS iterations in the list.

Please let me know if the information is still not clear.

Thanks,

Jing

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.